Cook time: 10 Min
Number of servings: 1
This recipe features our Wisconsin Honeycrisp apples available every fall! 🍎
If you have 10 min in the morning, then you have time to make this delicious apple oatmeal. If you don’t have 10 minutes, wake up earlier.
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- sweetener of choice
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 Cup water or milk of choice
- Starting with your Tree-Ripe Honeycrisp apple, core and slice the apple. We kept the skin on because we’re adults but you can peel it off if you want. Heat about a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add your apples, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Once the apples are soft, add a 1/2 cup of oats and toast for about 30 seconds. Then add a cup of water or milk, desired sweetener, and continue to stir.
- After about 5 min, it’s time to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee and reflect on why you didn’t keep the skin on those apples.
You could swap out the Honeycrisp apple and enjoy this with your Mountain Rose apple too! 🍎