Cook time: 55 Minutes
Inactive time: 40 Minutes Cooling
Total time: 3 Hours 5 Minutes
Number of servings: 8
This recipe features our Michigan blueberries from Walker Farms available every July. 🫐
▪1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
▪1 teaspoon kosher salt
▪1 tablespoon granulated sugar
▪6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
▪2 tablespoons cold shortening
▪1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
▪3 tablespoons cold water, divided
▪2 tablespoons sugar, raw
▪4 cups blueberries, divided
▪½ cup granulated sugar
▪¼ teaspoon kosher salt
▪2 tablespoons cornstarch
▪1 teaspoon lemon zest
▪1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pulse flour, ½ teaspoon kosher salt,1 tablespoon granulated sugar in a food processor until dry ingredients are combined.
- Cube cold butter and shortening and add to food processor. Pulse until butter and shortening have combined with the flour and looks like coarse pebbles.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cold water and apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle the mixture into the dough mix and pulse until dough is sticky.
- Place dough on a cutting board dusted with flour and shape into a 6-inch disc. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly crush ¼ cup of blueberries to release juices.
- Combine blueberries, crushed blueberries, ½ cup granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface into a 13-inch round crust. Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water together for egg wash.
- Place blueberry mixture into the center of the crust in a mound keeping a two-inch diameter of crust clear of berries.
- Fold the 2-inch edges of dough onto and around the blueberries, slightly overlapping the dough in the process.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes until the filling bubbles and the crust is a golden brown.
- Rest the galette on a pan for 10 minutes to set, transfer to cooling rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm.