Cook time: 30 Min
Total time: 45 Minutes
Number of servings: 12
Make the most of the blueberries you froze from the summer! 🫐
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or a 1:1 Gluten-free blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cream softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla, lemon, and milk.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the top just begins to lightly brown.
Optional and delicious: Combine 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest. Sprinkle on top of blueberries just before baking!
This recipe makes 12 regular muffins or 6 jumbo-sized muffins. It’s best to use frozen blueberries because they are less likely to get smashed up when mixed into the batter.
These muffins taste amazing when made gluten-free too!