Meyer Lemon Bars
Tree-Ripe Fruit Co.
Cook time: 35 Minutes, 1 hour to cool
Total time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Number of servings: 9
Nothing beats a Meyer lemon bar! Be sure to try making this special dessert this winter with our California Meyer lemons!
For the Crust
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•¼ cup granulated sugar
•½ teaspoon salt
•8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
•1 cup granulated sugar
•2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
•¼ teaspoon salt
•3 large eggs plus 3 large yolks
•2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 2/3 cup juice (about 4 Meyer lemons)
•4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
•Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (175°C)
2. Make a foil sling for your pan by folding aluminum sheets the size of the pan. Set them in the pan perpendicular to each other, trust us, this makes clean up a whole lot easier!
3. Whisk flour, sugar, and salt together. Add melted butter and still until fully combined.
4. Transfer mixture to pan and press evenly into pan. Bake until crust is golden brown 20-25 min. Rotate pan halfway through.
5. In the empty bowl you used for the crust, whisk sugar, flour, and salt together. Whisk the eggs and yolks, then whisk in lemon juice and zest.
5. Pour slowly into a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. Keep stirring until mixture registers 160° (71°C) degrees, this usually takes 6-8 minutes. Take off heat and stir in butter.
6. Strain mixture to make sure no lumps remain.
7. Pour filling into crust. Bake until filling is set, this usually takes 8-12 min. You know it’s ready when the filling jiggles just a little.
8. Cool bars for at least an hour then lift out of the baking dish using the foil sling. Transfer to cutting board. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar! Enjoy! 🍋
These bars are best eaten the days they’re made. However, they will last 1-3 days in the fridge!