Meyer Lemon Marmalade
Cook time: 1 Hour
Inactive time: 24 hours resting
This fun recipe features our delicious organic Meyer Lemons from Árvore De Luz in sunny California available every Spring. 🍋
- 7 medium sized Meyer lemons
- 4 cups water
- 1-2 cups sugar
- Slice lemons into quarters. Remove seeds. Add to a food processor. Pulse 8-10 times to break down lemons. (If you don’t have a food processor, roughly chop all lemons.)
- Add lemons and water to a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and cover it for 24 hours. This helps to soften the bitterness of the pith.
- After 24 hours, return to simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture has reduced by half, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has reduced, add your desired amount of sugar. (I used one cup) Mix well until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a strong simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, starts to gel, and holds its shape, 20-30 minutes more.
- To test for doneness, put a plate in the fridge for 2 minutes to chill. Put a spoonful of marmalade on the plate and tilt the plate. It should hold its shape, if it seems runny, continue to cook until it firms up.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Top on biscuits, Mix into yogurt, spread on pancakes, Add to oatmeal, Spread on toast, Layer between cakes, Use on sugar cookies, Top on scones… the possibilities are endless! 🍋
Makes approximately 2 cups of marmalade.