Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Tree-Ripe Fruit Co.
Cook time: 50 Minutes
Inactive time: 1 1/2 Hours
Total time: 2 hr 50 mins
Number of servings: 8
This recipe features our organic Meyer lemons from California available from late February to early March. 🍋
▪1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
▪1 teaspoon baking powder
▪1 teaspoon kosher salt
▪3 large eggs
▪1 ¼ cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
▪¼ cup Meyer lemon juice
▪1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest, divided
▪1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
▪¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
▪¾ cup milk
▪2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, and salt thoroughly.
- In a mixer with a whisk, whisk eggs on medium speed until they are foamy.
- Continue whisking and add 1 ¼ cups sugar, vanilla extract, ½ tablespoon lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk on high for 3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly stream in the olive oil. Continue for a minute until oil is thoroughly combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add ½ of the flour mixture. Mix for one minute until combined.
- While still mixing stream in milk, mix until combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture. Mix batter for one minute.
- Scrape batter into springform pan and sprinkle1 tablespoon sugar evenly on top of batter.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the cake is a golden brown. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted in the center and is removed with little crumb.
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool for an additional 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar and top with remaining lemon zest. Cut and serve.