Preserved Meyer Lemon Pasta Salad
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Number of servings: 4
🍋This recipe features our organic Meyer Lemons from sunny California available every Spring!
🍋This recipe can be made with the zest of Meyer lemons but I love the unique flavor the preserved lemons bring to the dish.
🍋Plan ahead and be sure to make your preserved lemons at least a week prior to making this pasta salad. You can find the recipe to make preserved lemons here.
🍋This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd!
- 2-3 Tablespoons Preserved lemons finely diced
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Table salt
- Bring water to boil in sauce pan. Add 1/2 tablespoon salt to water along with the pasta. Cook until al dente. (Check with the directions on the box of pasta.) When pasta is cooked, drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, add tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and desired amount of pepper to large bowl. Add drained pasta and toss well. Allow pasta salad to cool before serving.